The best multi effects pedal 2019 is the Zoia!
I’ve gone through a whole bunch of pedals through the years and the past weeks I’ve been exploring the Zoia from Empress Effects.
What is the Zoia by Empress Effects?
Zoia is a modular multi effects pedal. You can basically create any type of effect you could ever dream of with the Zoia.
The modular grid reminds me of the grid system of Bitwig Studio 3.
- The pedal contains a set of 80+ Modules and Growing! You patch these modules to create powerful multi effects.
- High-Quality Audio – 48kHz sampling, with 24 bit conversion and 32 bit internal processing.
- Low-Noise Signal Path – Features extremely low noise operation with a signal to noise of >105dB
- OLED Display Screen for Easy Editing – View all of ZOIA’s module and parameter information on the high resolution OLED display screen.
- SD Card Included – Load and save patches to/from ZOIA. You can also upgrade the firmware via the included SD Card for additional features.
- Control Port and MIDI Connectivity – Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8″ in/out jacks allow you to connect a huge range of external devices to control any or all of ZOIA’s functions and parameters. 1/8″ to MIDI dongles included.
- Customizable Patch Recall System – The on-board stompswitches can be used in either scrolling- or bank-style preset modes, for quick on-the-fly patch recall that suits your workflow.
What effect modules can we find in the Zoia:
- Reverb, delay, chorus, overdrive, filter, flanger + more effects.
- Granular effects
- Modular synths
- Looper pedal
- CV / Midi Control modules.
- LFO, Envelope, Slew, Pitch, Bit Crushers + much more.
As you can see there is a whole arsenal of effects contained within the Zoia multi effects pedal. While there is quite a learning curve to get used to the modular grid interface of the Zoia, it’s also very rewarding.
Why I consider Zoia to be the best effects pedal of 2019
The reason for selecting Zoia as the best effects pedal of 2019 is the power of this little stomp box. There is no limit to what you can create in this effect unit.
Here is an example of what the Zoia can do:
Four loopers that can run simultaniously. Record, trigger, filter and pitch these loopers individually. Furthermore, you can send all these loopers to a reverb and delay and finally to the output! This is all in ONE SINGLE PATCH!
This is just a quick example of the million possibilities of the Zoia.
Watch the video above and learn how to program the Zoia and make use of the modules to create your own unique multi effects and synths!
You can also learn more about the Zoia at Empress Effects website.